As at July 1 2021 Health Screening and Contact Tracing are no longer mandatory.
The Executive Board is requesting that each family carefully consider their current health situation and use the abundance of caution, avoiding the rink if anyone is feeling unwell.
The CMHA recommended tool to assess your health is https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
Effective Sept 13 2021
Planet Ice Facility Policies
UPDATE Added September 13 2021
August 24, 2021
Mandatory Face Mask Policy
• All employees, visitors, and customers are required to wear a mask or face covering upon entering and remaining within any Planet Ice Facility. The mask or face covering must cover the nose, mouth, and chin.
• Temporary removal of the mask or face covering is permitted for the following purposes:
o Athletes - On ice participation and players benches (Field of Play).
o Athletes - Within the dressing room, only when a helmet is being worn. When an athlete’s helmet is removed, the athlete will wear a face mask or face covering.
o While at a table dining at Boomers Bar & Grill.
o For any emergency or medical purpose.
Persons entering or remaining in the facility without a mask or face covering will be given a verbal reminder of the policy’s masking requirement. Failure to comply will result in person being banned from the facility and group suspended.
Athletes Access to the Facility
• Athletes, coaches, team managers, safety ambassadors, referees, and essential volunteers are permitted to enter the facility 30 minutes prior to ice time.
• 2 Dressing rooms per ice rental will be allocated to the rental.
• There is no dryland / warm up to be done within the facility.
• Athletes must exit the facility within 30 minutes of the rental ending.
Spectator Access to the Facility
• All Spectators will access the facility 5-minutes prior to ice time.
• Spectators MUST stay within the spectator area that their athlete is participating on.
• Gatherings in lobby areas is prohibited. Please remain within the rink that your group is skating.
• All Spectators must exit immediately at the scheduled end time of the ice rental.
It is the user groups responsibility to ensure that maximum occupancies on each rink are not exceeded.
• Planet Ice Coquitlam (Each Rink) maximum capacity 100.