We are excited to announce our new website! There will be much more to come over the course of the next few weeks, including membership invites but for now, please be patient while we continue working out the bugs. If we have any website whizzes out there that want to help with this and get their volunteer hours taken care, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Everyone should have received their Notice of our 56th Annual General Meeting.
Please see posting under About>AGM 2019 for the entire package or click this link AGM 2019
Note: You must be signed in to your Teampages account in order to access the documents.
Please don’t hesitate to email me with any questions email@example.com
See you on May 7th!
Happy New Year Novice Major!
I hope everyone had a nice break and is ready to get back onto the ice.
Our goalie clinic will resume, this coming Tuesday, Jan 8th, 4:15pm @ Planet Ice Rink #1. The last session will be Tuesday, Feb 26th.
Your practices with resume this coming week as well - Jan 9th and 10th. Games will also start up again Jan 12-13th. Your manager should have everything uploaded to your team pages schedule.
All Power skating development sessions, that were included in your fees, have now finished, unless you have signed up for the Winter Development through the CMHA website
I hope everyone has a great rest of season. Any questions, please feel free to email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks Jolene Allegretto
Please check the Novice Minor webpage often over the upcoming weeks as we will be posting important information on the evaluation skates as we approach the upcoming season. Again if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at Hockey3email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you and we'll see you around the rink.
You can get a head start on the administrative items you will need to complete by ensuring that:
1) You have completed Respect in Sports (Parents) or (Team Official)
2) You have completed Sportsmanship Starts in the Stands
3) If you plan on being on the ice or managing, you have completed a Criminal Record Check
4) If you plan on being on the ice or managing, you have taken the CATT course
Please note that all players must have their equipment checked PRIOR to their first ice time.
Some of the common failures which resulted in players not being able to go on the ice for their evaluations were:
1. Helmets which did not fit properly, especially cages. If the chin guard does not catch the players chin and can come off his/her head, the player will not pass. This is common when the cage is too large.
2. Missing pieces of equipment such as neck guards.
3. Rips and tears in socks, gloves and pants.
4. Butt end of stick which can fit through the cage.
5. Equipment that is too small and does not provide a continuous line of coverage.
6. No CSA certification on helmet.
Our priority is player safety which sometimes results in the uncomfortable news that your child will not be allowed to particiapte in the evaluation or tryouts.
Please refer to the Hockey Equipment Checklist on our website for further information.
Jolene Allegretto/Jaime Gunderson
Novice Division Coordinators