CMHA is proud to announce our adoption of the ePACT Network to replace the collection of medical and emergency information on paper forms. All of the forms previously submitted on paper will now be submitted electronically through the secure ePACT emergency network. Not only will ePACT replace paper forms, but it will also ensure we have a way to communicate with you in the event of an illness, injury, or larger scale emergency.
The use of ePACT is mandatory by all families of CMHA. ePACT connects our Risk Manager, coaches, team managers, HCSP, and players' families through a highly secure, online network, allowing us to access critical information and communicate in case of emergency. Whether it is an illness or injury to one of our players, or a power outage or evacuation of one of our facilities, ePACT helps us to better support our volunteers, members, and families, and connect with emergency contacts.
Why are we using ePACT?
- To save you time – With ePACT, you only need to complete your child’s information once, and then verify that it is still correct for subsequent seasons (which can be done in two minutes)!
- Improved privacy and security – Eliminating paper forms ensures that your key information is safe and secure, while authorized coaching staff can still access this information any time they need it; ePACT maintains the same levels of security as online banking to ensure that your data remains safe and secure at all times. Access to the information you provide is limited only to the administrators (Risk Manager and team officials) assigned by CMHA for enhanced privacy. You can rest assured knowing that you always own your account and all of the information contained in it.
- Better support – ePACT makes it easy for you to share comprehensive health and emergency contact details, so we can provide the best support to your child; plus, you can update this information anytime and we will automatically receive those new details.
- Anytime, Anywhere – ePACT makes it far easier for you to share emergency information with us, while also ensuring team officials have access to records anytime, anywhere with the mobile app. If medical information or contact details are needed at practice, at a game, or on the road, ePACT is available to team officials – even without an internet connection.
How does it work?
- You will receive an email invite to share information with Coquitlam Minor Hockey Association (CMHA).
- Click ‘Complete Request’ to create your free account, or log-in if you already have an existing ePACT account. Complete your ePACT account by filling in required details such as medical information, special needs, emergency contacts, and injury history, all of which was previously collected on paper forms.
- Once you have entered the required information, you will be able to securely share your account with CMHA; the Risk Manager will then provide the team coach, manager, and HCSP with access to the necessary emergency information.
- You can update your ePACT account at any time during the year and your child's team officials will be automatically updated.