CMHA uses the ePACT Network to collect medical and emergency information from its members. All forms previously submitted on paper are now submitted electronically through the secure ePACT emergency network. Not only does ePACT replace paper forms, but it also ensures that we can communicate with you in the event of an illness, injury, or larger scale emergency.
The use of ePACT is mandatory by all CMHA families. ePACT connects our Risk Manager, coaches, team managers, HCSP, and players' families through a highly secure, online network, allowing us to access critical information and communicate in case of emergency. Whether it is an illness or injury to one of our players, or a power outage or evacuation of one of our facilities, ePACT helps us better support our volunteers, members, and families, and connect with emergency contacts.
Why are we using ePACT?
- To save you time – With ePACT, you only need to complete your child’s information once, and then verify that it is still correct for subsequent seasons (which can be done in two minutes)!
- Improved privacy and security – Eliminating paper forms ensures that your key information is safe and secure, while authorized coaching staff can still access this information any time they need it; ePACT maintains the same levels of security as online banking to ensure that your data remains safe and secure at all times. Access to the information you provide is limited only to the administrators (Risk Manager and team officials) assigned by CMHA for enhanced privacy. You can rest assured knowing that you always own your account and all of the information contained in it.
- Better support – ePACT makes it easy for you to share comprehensive health and emergency contact details, so we can provide the best support to your child; plus, you can update this information anytime and we will automatically receive those new details.
- Anytime, Anywhere – ePACT makes it far easier for you to share emergency information with us, while also ensuring team officials have access to records anytime, anywhere with the mobile app. If medical information or contact details are needed at practice, at a game, or on the road, ePACT is available to team officials – even without an internet connection.
How does it work?
- You will receive an email invite to share your child's emergency and medical information with Coquitlam Minor Hockey Association (CMHA).
- Click ‘Complete Request’ to log in if you already have an existing ePACT account or to create your free account. Complete your ePACT account by updating/filling in required details such as medical information, special needs, emergency contacts, and injury history, all of which was previously collected on paper forms.
- Once you have entered the required information, you will be able to securely share your account with CMHA; the Risk Manager will then provide the team coach, manager, and HCSP with access to the necessary emergency information.
- You can update your ePACT account at any time during the season and your child's team officials will be automatically updated.