The recent announcements by Dr. Bonnie Henry and the Provincial Health Order around the Fraser Health and Coastal Health regions have necessitated that we revise some of our procedures and processes for the safety of all involved. We acknowledge that this is more work but we are all working hard to keep our children safely involved in the sport that they love. As announced by Pacific Coast Amateur Hockey Association, we are returning to Phase 2 regulations of the ViaSport Return to Play plan, hopefully for only a few weeks. Please ensure you are familiar with the plan and contact your Division Director or our Risk Manager with any questions.
In response to increased COVID transmissions, the recent PHO order, changes to facility guidelines and PCAHA's announcement that minor hockey returning to Phase 2 of ViaSport Return to Play Guidelines, the CMHA Executive are providing the following information:
1. CMHA Team Photo Day is postponed. Our PAC Chairperson will be trying to reschedule for later in the season and will reach out to Team Managers at that time.
2. There are no indoor dryland or group gatherings permitted. Any room bookings that have been made need to be cancelled.
3. There are no games scheduled until at least November 23, 2020.
4. Practises and development on ice will continue as scheduled but there is to be no physical contact of any kind.
5. The benches, timekeeper & penalty boxes are out of the field of play, which means there is a maximum of 5 people on a bench, wearing masks or helmets at all times.
6. Masks or helmets must be worn at all times while in the facility.
7. Dressing room limits as posted by the facility must be adhered to. The preference is that the players come dressed and in skate guards with only the goalies using the dressing rooms. Masks or helmets are required.
8. Teams who have game ice can use them for extra practise ice or return them for credit.
9. Teams who lost ice on the weekend, need to return that ice for credit.
10. Attendance at any team event until November 23, 2020 or until a new PHO is issued, is optional. There will be no ramifications if a parent/player determines they are not comfortable with attendance and advises the appropriate team official in advance.
11. Each ice time must have a Safety Ambassador and the SA must be identified, preferably with a CMHA lanyard which are available from your Division Director.
12. All attendees must complete the Contact Tracing on the Teampage and the Safety Ambassador must have a list to check them in at the door. If the Contact Tracing has not been completed or the attendee is late, there will be no admittance to the facility.
13. All attendees must follow the directions of the Safety Ambassodor and move along as quickly as possible. There can be no congregating outside or inside. This is hard, we know as hockey is very social but please follow this rule.
14. All teams should have hand sanitizer available and all participants encouraged to regularly wash or sanitize their hands.
15. Filming is still permitted within the guidelines previously advised. Planet Ice now has Live Barn - if you want to sign up up can use their promo code plan-ices for a discount.